Where are you From?

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • Author

Linda Parvin Hutchinson located in Orlando, FL. IG account is: @bookbimbo.

Hi Linda, I live north of Atlanta in a suburb called Alpharetta. I am a Midwesterner at heart though. I grew up in central Illinois and went to college in Ohio!

1+

I’m a total Florida girl. I was born and raised in Jacksonville and now I live in PPalm Coast. We’ve been here since 2004, and I don’t see us leaving any time soon.

1+

Hi ๐Ÿ™‚ you are not far from me! I live in Woodstock, GA ?

Hello! I live in Mount Pleasant, SC which is just over the bridge from Charleston.

Hello! I live in Huntsville Alabama. Moved up here from Central Florida 6 years ago but I grew up in South Alabama.

Hey Julie! I am in Huntsville as well, a transplant from Canada….25 years this December!!

Louisville, KY!

Boiling Springs, South Carolina, a bedroom community of Spartanburg. We have Hub City Press and Hub City Bookshop.

Hi from Virginia! I’m @quietbookworkreads on instagram. Nice to meet you all!

1+

I’m also from Virginia!

I’m just south of Atlanta in Peachtree City — I am @homegrown_learners on IG

I’m also in Virginia! Ok this posted as a reply to the wrong post. ๐Ÿ™ I can’t find a way to delete it. I’m a newbie!

Hey yโ€™all ๐Ÿ™‚ I live in Woodstock, GA currently. I am a South Carolina girl at heart though. So glad to be a part of this community โค๏ธ

@sice I want to come visit your area! My author friend was just RAVING about FoxTale.

@Anne Foxtale is a great bookstore. Please come here!!

@mrsdarcy I bet it was Marybeth Whalen? If so, I am friends with her as well. She has spoken at two ladies retreats that i attended and we met that way.
            ? Please come visit! I know all the Modern Mrs Darcy peeps in the Woodstock area would love to see you here ?

@sice I was just thinking of Foxtail again today and it reminded me: it was actually Lisa Patton! Do you know her? I’m looking forward to her new book RUSH coming out in August.

Hi! I’m in Forest, Virginia. IG: kara.lynn.nich *personal account I don’t have a book account…yet ๐Ÿ˜‰

1+

Hello! I live just outside of Raleigh NC in Cary, North Carolina!

I live in Memphis,TN. Anyone close?

@ginger is from Memphis, which doesn’t help much now but maybe fun to know?

Anne is right! I went to high school, college nearby (Jackson), and worked a year after college in Memphis, so it feels like second home to me. I still have friends and in-laws there, so we don’t get back nearly enough, but we have a long trip planned this fall. I’m dying to visit the new novel. bookstore that looks so great. It’s been 10+ years since I’ve lived there, so what other bookish stops should I not miss, Kara?

There are also several MMD members in Nashville too. Not in your backyard, but also not too far: https://members.modernmrsdarcy.com/groups/lets-get-together/forum/topic/nashville/

I live in Memphis!

I live in Atlanta, GA (2 miles east of downtown). I grew up in Detroit, Michigan and finished high school in West Palm Beach, Florida and lived for about 11 years in Gainesville, Florida.

Fairly! Iโ€™m in Starkville, MS… we come your way for the zoo, Muddyโ€™s Bakeshop, and IKEA!

Iโ€™m from Memphis too! My family is there so we go every 4-6 months. Iโ€™m in Dallas now. I went to Briarcrest to high school. Did you go to Union for college?

Iโ€™m in Dallas. I wasnโ€™t sure if Texas was considered South East or not.

Ginger, I’ve only bought ebooks for about the last decade, so I’m woefully uneducated on bookish stops in Memphis. I would recommend Burke’s, an indy store you’ve probably been to. ?

Ginger, my initial comments somehow ended up below another post but Iโ€™m from Memphis and my family is still there. Novel is a new indie bookstore where Davis-Kidd was on Perkins. I havenโ€™t been to it but it looks great!

I’m in Greenville, SC! Tammy, we’re not too far apart! ๐Ÿ™‚

Durham, NC here!

I’m in Carrboro, NC near Raleigh, Cary, & Durham NC. Did I just hear about a Raleigh/Triad get together on the book club discussion? I would love to join in if there is a group meeting in person. Thanks!

I think I am the furthest south! I live in Naples, Florida. I am not a snowbird, I live here year round.

Hi! I’m in Richmond, VA. I’m @christineandbooks on IG.

1+

I’m in Palm Beach Gardens/Jupiter, Florida, just north of West Palm Beach. I just joined MMD a couple weeks ago.

@lindaparvinhutchinson I’m a Florida born girl (I was born in West Palm Beach), but I’m currently living in Bristol, Tn.

I’m in Sarasota, FL – a native ๐Ÿ™‚

@marypage I have wonderful associations with your area: my family used to visit Anna Maria every year for spring break. ๐Ÿ™‚

@marypage and @mrsdarcy I live in the Seattle area now, but I grew up on Anna Maria Island/Longboat Key. My family is still there, and I know it sounds awful, but I appreciate it so much more now that I don’t live there. It really is a beautiful place. <3

I am a South Carolina girl living in Richmond, VA. @what_renee_reads on IG ๐Ÿ™‚

Birmingham, AL

I’m in Louisville, Kentuckyโ€”which is a little bit south and a little bit midwest. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am in Richmond, VA. ๐Ÿ™‚

1+

Hi, I’m in Gray, TN, which is just outside Johnson City in northeast Tennessee.

I was born in Johnson City. I have lived in Memphis, TN for a while now, but East TN will always be my home.

Kim, I grew up in Johnson City and I think I remember Christmas Parades in Gray.?

@karalmiddleton @kimholloway We have good friends that moved here (Louisville) from Johnson City.โค๏ธ

Yes, @karalmiddleton! We used to have wonderful Christmas Parades in Gray. I don’t think we still have them, but my kids were in a few of them. When did you live in Johnson City? I’ve lived in Gray since 1981 and my kids grew up here.

@kimholloway,

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I am really bad about checking my notifications. I lived in JC in the late 70s and very early 80s, I think. I did elementary school there, at Towne Acres, and I moved right before 7th grade. ?

I live in Bristol, TN which is like 25 miles north of Gray and 35 min north of Johnson City! Half the city is in Tn and the other half is in VA right on the state line. You can stand with one foot in VA and one foot in TN if you go down to State Street and there is a Geico commercial where the Geco comes down and actually stands on the line on State street. So, I guess we’re famous? ๐Ÿ˜› I do most of my book shopping through amazon and kindle, so I don’t know of any good bookstores here. But if you want to try some good beer, there are several local breweries that are wonderful! Elderbrew being my favorite! They have vinyl nights where customers can bring in their own records and they are played on their record play over the sounds system for the whole place to listen to. It’s AWESOME!

1+

@berkapot, I teach at King University in Bristol, but I live in Gray. The best bookstore in Johnson City is Mr. K’s, the best used bookstore in the state!

Kim

@kimholloway small world! I graduated from King in 2005 (it was still King College then). And while I don’t believe I ever took one of your classes, I had several friends that did and after graduation I managed the bookstore (now known as tornado alley) for one year. I also became good friends with two of the history professors that used to teach out there. Married (and since divorced one) and babysat the babies of the other one (several times in the bookstore while she taught!)

Mr. Kay’s used to be one of my favorite places to go back then. I totally forgot about it! Glad to hear other people in the area are on here. This is a great group! (ha! I seem to like parentheses in this post).

I live in Abingdon just down the road and my boyfriend lives in Johnson City, small world. I was in Grey last weekend for an event at his daughter’s school!

I am in Mobile, Alabama.

I’ve stood in that exact spot! VA/TN. ?

I did part of my growing up in Mobile. Went to Hillsdale Middle School and Murphy High School. Class of ’88.

I live in Cumming Georgia but grew up in Central Florida. Anyone local like to meetup at FoxTale in Woodstock or at another local bookstore?

I adore Foxtale. I live in Woodstock & have attended the bookclub they have there a few times ๐Ÿ™‚ I think it would be so much fun to meet up there. There is a wonderful coffee shop called The Copper Coin in downtown Woodstock as well- just a few steps away from Foxtale

I am in Wilmington NC

Charlotte, nc!

I’m from Alexandria, VA – right outside of Washington, DC!

Iโ€™m in Beaufort, SC. Originally from Northern Ohio Iโ€™ve lived in Cincinnati, Detroit, Memphis, Atlanta and Orange County, CA. Would love to meet up with some SC readers.

@jen6425 – I’ve heard such wonderful things about Beaufort. I so want to visit. I’m going to Charleston this summer, and I kind of want to take a detour!

Let me know if you decide to come by – Iโ€™d be happy to show you around!

Another Atlanta girl here (Decatur, technically), by way of South Florida.

@ucf95yahoo-com They are reading Desperation Road by Michael Farris Smith. I just started it today.

How are their book selections usually? Is their book club meeting fun?

@ucf95yahoo-com
      The book selections are usually pretty good. I think they balance the genres well. I enjoy the book club. It is usually the same women who, it seems, have been meeting for quite some time. Discussion is lively and opinions are given freely ?

I live in Atlanta, born and raised! Excited to see so many Georgia girls on here ๐Ÿ™‚

Iโ€™m in Macon GA, about an hour south of Atlanta for those of you not from GA. Iโ€™m also excited to see so many Georgia folks here!

Greensboro, Florida, 30 miles west of Tallahassee and only a few miles from the Georgia line!

I live in Montgomery, AL.

Just moved from Mount Pleasant, SC- just outside Charleston- to Pawleys Island, SC. Just an hour up the road from Mount Pleasant.

I also grew up in Blairsville, GA which is 2 hours north of Atlanta ๐Ÿ™‚ And I cheer for the Athens UGA Bulldogs so that makes me a GA girl at heart, even though I now live in TN right?????

I’m from a little town about an hour east of Orlando called Edgewater, just a mile south of New Smyrna Beach (the shark bite capital of the world!) and 25 minutes south of Daytona Beach (formerly the World’s Most Famous Beach).

Hi! I’m from Birmingham, Al. Any other Birmingham friends here?

I just joined, from Burke, VA, in northern VA just outside of Washington, DC!

Hi! I just joined 2 weeks ago. I’m in Palm Beach Gardens/Jupiter, Florida (just north of West Palm Beach). I’m @myreadingreflections on Instagram. It’s great to meet all of you! I was born in Alexandria, VA and lived a few years in elementary in MD, and my teen years in Winston-Salem, NC.

Hi Southeasters! I’m originally from Memphis and now live in Collierville, TN, a suburb of Memphis. I’ve lived in the area my whole life except for four years in Waco, Texas for college at Baylor, and almost a year in Hawaii right after I got married. My husband was stationed there with the Army. We are both from Memphis and settled back here close to family. We are still a military family, but National Guard instead of active duty, and don’t have to worry about moving around every few years. We love our little town and being close to a bigger city.

Using our tea time to catch up on a few forums I don’t get into often enough, and this is SO FUN to see all the places we’re from. Lots of familiar city faces to me. I grew up with pretty young parents so we tended to move a lot (first jobs, second jobs, grad school, promotions, etc.) and then I married a Navy man, so in my 30-something years, I’ve lived in eleven places, never for longer than six years.

I’m in Virginia now (LOVE it!), but affectionate shout outs to Jacksonville, Charleston, Memphis, and Birmingham, all former places I’ve called home!

@ginger It looks like we have some similar experience! My husband and I moved to Norfolk a year ago but we met and married in Jacksonville.

I’m from Huntsville, AL and now live in northeast Alabama.

Born and raised in Toronto, Huntsville, Alabama has been home since 1994. New to this venue and trying to acclimate, look forward to connecting with y’all ๐Ÿ™‚

Hilton Head Island, South Carolina! Recently moved here from Marietta, Georgia (Atlanta suburb).

Hi! I’m in Nashville, TN! Nice to meet everyone. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tampa, Florida area!

1+

Hi! I am from Atlanta, GA, but (in a normal year) I travel a lot for work.

Viewing 54 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

ยฉ2020ย  Modern Mrs Darcy | Design by contemplate design | Privacy Policy

Forgot your details?