Oregon

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author

Hello from Portland! I’ve met a couple of you online already, but thought I would start a thread in case there are others.

Hi Melissa!

Thanks for starting this thread. I am in the Portland Metro area myself. Are you planning at all to go see Anne when she comes to Olympia, WA?

Paula, I would LOVE to, and I seriously considered it, but I just can’t make it work with my work schedule. I just started a new job, or I would totally take a personal day and drive up! In other news, did you see that Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is coming to Portland in March? I got my tickets!

I am not gonna make it up to WA tonight either would have loved to have met Anne. Maybe she will come to Powell’s one day!

Hi there! I have just seen this thread and thought maybe you could help me out. I am originally from WA but I currently live overseas. My family and I will be driving from San Francisco to Vancouver WA next summer and I want to find some sweet indie bookshops on my trip up! I miss bookstores and am just itching to find some! I have been to Powells in Portland and though I love it I was wondering if you knew of any others. They do not need to be in Portland….anywhere along the trip! Thanks for your help!!!!

Bless you!

Hi Stevie! Wallace Books in Portland is absolutely charming and full of treasures! I haven’t been yet, but everyone here recommends Annie Bloom’s in Portland, as well. If you go through Cannon Beach, OR, I love Cannon Beach Book Co. I was recently in California and went to Copperfield’s Books in Calistoga. I loved it, and there are a handful of locations in Northern California. Elliott Bay in Seattle is fun if you get that far north. That sounds like a great trip!

I also live in the Portland Metro area. 🙂 I *did* drive up to see Anne in Olympia last month. It was great!

I wanted to second the recommendation for Cannon Beach Book Co. Lots and lots of good staff picks! 🙂 Plus, it is a few doors down from the Lazy Susan Cafe which is a perfect spot for breakfast or lunch.

There is also Beach Books in Seaside. If you are already inland, you can try Chapters Books and Coffee in Newberg.

You will love the Oregon Coast!

Are any of you going to Portland Book Festival this weekend? I am planning to take my kiddos to see the Scholastic Graphic Novelist Panel and then roam around a couple other pop ups.

Yes, I am! I sent you a message on goodreads, Paula.

Hi, I’m a new member. This is literally the first time I’ve logged on. I live in NW Portland (close in). I’ve grown tired of my book club of 20 plus years & needed to find a place to discuss books that was less frustrating. I’m really hoping that folks in this group can and do go beyond “I do or didn’t like this book”!

Hi all! I’m in SE Portland in the Hawthorne/Sunnyside neighborhood. Nice to see some locals here. Anyone else doing the current session of Book School?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020  Modern Mrs Darcy | Design by contemplate design | Privacy Policy

Forgot your details?