Louisville literary events

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author

Where are my fellow Louisville readers? I added TWO book events to my calendar today!

1. Beatriz Williams will be at the main branch downtown on Wednesday, July 18 at 7pm. It’s free but tickets are required: http://www.lfpl.org/upcomingevents.htm

2. Jo Piazza will be at the Frankfort Ave Carmichael’s on Wednesday, August 1 at 7pm.

I just penciled in both on my calendar. 🙂

@rose_booth
      @meogilvie @suz13

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.

Ooooo thanks for the heads up @mrsdarcy!

And I’ve got another one! Liane Moriarty is coming to the Clifton Center, November 8 at 7pm. Ticket price includes a new hardcover. The book is slated to come out November 6. I have no idea why she’s slated to be in Louisville, KY two days after her book comes out but I will totally take it. 🙂

I’ve got more @rose_booth! Joshilyn Jackson at Nanny Goat (do you know about them? They’re fairly new on Clay, by Garage Bar). Joshilyn Jackson is coming! Thursday 8/23 at 6pm. I WILL BE THERE.

I haven’t been there, but familiar with them! Gosh I would LOVE to see Joshilyn! But unfortunately, I work until 6:30, today so I can’t be there. 🙁 Take LOTS of pictures!!!!

@rose_booth Be glad you didn’t change your plans to show up! Joshilyn was sick so they canceled (but not till the last minute).

@mrsdarcy I heard that from a friend who went! Hopefully when it’s rescheduled I can go. I LOVED her chat with us last summer.

@mrsdarcy and others in the Louisville area, a work trip will bring me to L’Ville in March for a conference at The Galt House Hotel. Can any of you tell me which indie book stores are closest? Thanks!!

@iggysophia Fun! You’ll be close to Nanny Goat on Clay (which, incidentally is around the corner from Mahonia, my favorite plant shop). The next closest is the Carmichael’s on Bardstown. If you’re interested, don’t miss Carmichael’s Kids, which is just in the next block but in a different building.

I hope you have a great visit here!

Thanks! I will be traveling with bookish coworkers. Other than looking for some good BBQ, I’m guessing these shops would be high on our list.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020  Modern Mrs Darcy | Design by contemplate design | Privacy Policy

Forgot your details?