Great bookstores and or book festivals

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, I am new to MMD book club. I live in central NY, but travel occasionally for conferences. I love to browse in bookstores and was wondering if anyone has bookstore or book festival recommendations.

If you’re ever in Ohio, we have two great indies in Columbus (The Book Loft and Gramercy Books) and a book festival in the spring (Ohioana Book Festival). There’s also a book festival in the fall in Cincinnati (Books by the Bank).

Thanks for the suggestions. I am researching the book festivals now.

There is a fantastic bookstore in Manchester, VT called The Northshire Bookstore. They have an incredible selection of every type of book you can imagine and they have a restaurant attached with fabulous coffee and great food. I moved from Vermont to Tennessee a little over two years ago but I always try to visit the Northshire when I’m home. They do also have a store in Saratoga Springs, NY but I’ve never been to that one although I’m sure it’s equally fabulous.

I made a list of indie bookstores within Connecticut and a few neighboring states and I am hoping to visit all of them within the next few years. 🙂

I already have been to RJ Julia in Madison and is such a great store. Now onto the others!!

1+

Hi everyone – I’m new (ish) to Boston and haven’t visited any local stores yet! I’m attending an author event at Harvard Bookstore in March and I’m looking forward to visiting others in the area soon. Any favorites to recommend?

We are headed up to NE this summer. I recently heard about BookCon. Has anyone attended? It looks amazing and a bit overwhelming. I might go if we will be in NY area then and looks like I can still go with a single day ticket. Any insights appreciated!

Boston area bookstores I love:
      -Wellesley Books
      -Trident Bookstore
      -Brookline Booksmith (my fave)
      -Belmont books

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020  Modern Mrs Darcy | Design by contemplate design | Privacy Policy

Forgot your details?