Bay Area

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone else out there in the SF Bay area? I’m new to the area and would love to do the occasional meet-up to get to know people. Fatima Farheen Mirza, author of the Summer Reading Guide pick A Place for Us is going to be at Book Passages in the Ferry Building on Sunday, June 17th. I’m hoping to attend!

Hi Anita! I’m in the east bay … could we possibly be the only two??

Hi, Laura!
        I noticed a few other posts in the Let’s Meet Up discussion, so there must be a few more of us out there! I’m in the East Bay Area – I live in Pittsburg & work in Brentwood.

Hi! I live in Alameda and work in Berkeley!

Anita — I live in Antioch!

Leslie, sorry it’s taken a bit to get back to you, but I’m a school librarian and back-to-school time is a bit hectic! I’d love to meet up for coffee & some book talk sometime. I’m free weeknights after 3:30pm and some weekends, just depending on our plans for the weekend. Let me know if you want to get together!

And for Leslie & others – Anne is doing a book signing in Danville for I’d Rather Be Reading on October 9th, if anyone wants to meet up there. I haven’t made reservations yet but intend to.

Hi there. I’m new here and in the East Bay as well. Would love to meet up!

Killian — I’m in Alameda, too!

Anita & others — I would love to go see Anne at her book signing in Danville Oct. 9. It’s a little hard for me to get out there on a weeknight, but I want to try and would love to meet up if I go!!

Anita and all — I am signed up for the October 9 event in Danville. I got to a lot of events at Rakestraw and am looking forward to meeting Anne.
      Anita — in which city do you live? I would love to meet up. Let’s start with meeting at the event on the 9th. We will all have to wear something to identify each other as MMD members 🙂 By the way, I am so loving this community. Thank you all for being so welcoming.

It looks like I”m not going to be able to make the event on the 9th. My husband and I want to get out of town for a few days next week & our pet sitter is only available early in the week.
        Leslie, I live in Pittburg & work in Brentwood, so if we want to meet up sometime it should be pretty easy.

Hi Anita,
          I’ve been traveling for work a bit the past couple of weeks so that is why I’m slow to reply. It would be great to meet. Maybe after the event so I can tell you all about it. Or, if you have the book and would like for me to take it to the event, I can have Anne sign it for you. I know that’s not the same as seeing her and having your book signed, but I would be happy to do so. Otherwise, let’s find a date after the event to meet up. Enjoy your getaway.
          Leslie

Looking forward to meeting you there!

I’m also in the Bay Area! Brand new to the MMD bookclub.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020  Modern Mrs Darcy | Design by contemplate design | Privacy Policy

Forgot your details?