Arizona anyone?

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • Author

Anyone else from Arizona?

Me!

Yeah! I’m in Mesa. I’m glad to see another MMD fan close by.

Me too! I am in Scottsdale. I am always wanting to find MMD friends in the area but rarely see AZ mentioned!

We may have to have an AZ get together and meet each other over the summer.

That would be great! I’m in Mesa, too. Crismon & Guadalupe.

Cool! I’m at Power and Broadway in the Arizona Golf Resort complex. All the snowbirds are gone and I have the pool all to myself, so we may have to have a book club pool party!

I’m in Scottsdale – would love be to connect!

Should we pick a date?

Anyone free like the 12th, 13th, 14th of June? If we are reading one of the books on the MMD summer book list we could talk about them over lunch/brunch/dinner and drinks?

Those dates work for me in the evening – happy to drive toward Mesa as well if that’s easier

Great, how about the 14th. You don’t have to come all the way to Mesa, if you would prefer we could find a place in between. Any thoughts? Anyone else in for the 14th?

The 14th works for me – I could even do later afternoon. Happy to meet in the middle – either way – I’ll just listen to an audiobook as I drive so I don’t mind.
      Not sure if we can message Liz & Tammy directly to make sure they get these posts?

I private messaged both of them and hopefully we’ll hear back. Let’s give them till Monday and then we can finalize plans, ok?

Sorry! Just responded. I am bookmarking this group because I can’t find it on the site for some reason. I am available the 14th. We could discuss The Great Alone since it’s the June pick or any other summer pick. I can meet in the middle, too.

Looks like we’re on for the 14th! We just need to pick a place –
      I might not have the Great Alone read by then…. too many library requests have become available at once!
      Looking forward to it!

I may not have finished it either, but we can meet and talk about whatever we’re reading and going to read anyway. I feel the “library influx” pain, it never rains but it pours. So, how about something in the Tempe Marketplace or Mesa Riverview at Dobson or any other suggestion?

Sure! Either works – but I don’t know them well enough to suggest a specific place

Here are the links to the food choices, I have no preference. I don’t know ho current these are, so if we choose a place I can call and make sure it’s still open and make reservations once we decide.

http://www.tempemarketplace.com/dine/dining-guide/

http://mesariverview.com/directory.aspx?typ=8

I’m okay with anywhere. There is a Barnes & Noble at Tempe Marketplace 🙂

How about we meet at the B&N in the cafe around what – 5 or 6 – and then see if we want to wander out for snackies and beverages or just hang in the cafe?

Dayna

Sounds perfect! See you there!

Perfect!

Great! I’ll plan on meeting yall at B&N in the cafe around 5 on the 14th and then we can go from there.

Dayna

I’m not going to be able to make it on Thursday. I have a mandatory meeting and then we are heading out of town. So sorry for the late notice!

Sorry to hear that! Maybe another time. Denise are you still in? I don’t want to be sitting there by myself – I might be tempted to buy more books if left to myself. 🙂

I’ll be there!

Cool!

I’ll be wearing a grey Moby Dick T-shirt

Ah – I don’t have a literary T-shirt…… see you soon

I realize I’m very late here but if y’all decide to meetup again in the future I’d love to join you. I’m a fairly recent transplant to Scottsdale as of last August. Between a cross country move, kids graduating and getting married, I’ve only been online sporadically so completely missed this post previously.

Cheers

I think there’s a Forum on Let’s Get Together- but since we’re connected here, should we keep using this thread?

I’m open to finding a time to meet – I’m in Scottsdale as well

Great, let’s try and set something up for the week of July 16th if that works for everyone. Let’s try and use the Phoenix Metro Area conversation in the Let’s Get Together Forum if that works for everyone, so we only have one place to look.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

©2020  Modern Mrs Darcy | Design by contemplate design | Privacy Policy

Forgot your details?