Our first Book Club retreat is SOLD OUT. Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm! We are maintaining a waiting list in case any spots open up: please email Ginger at [email protected] with the subject line WAITING LIST if you’d like to add your name to the list.
We’ve been dreaming of this for years and it’s finally happening: we’re hosting our first-ever reader retreat in Louisville on September 20-22. We can’t wait!
This event is a trial balloon. We will be working out the kinks in this beta retreat. You will be asked to provide a lot of honest feedback. The space is extremely limited.
The weekend begins at 5:00 p.m. on September 20 and includes:
- all meals from Friday dinner through the retreat conclusion at 10:00 a.m. Sunday morning. (If you don’t need to hit the road bright and early, join us for an optional Sunday brunch at a local restaurant, which is not included in your retreat price.)
- lodging (except for the local option)
- a relaxing and bookishly invigorating weekend with fellow Book Clubbers
- copious book discussion with a special guest
- a field trip to visit local Little Free Libraries
- tea and coffee in Anne’s library
- bookish enthusiasm galore
I hope to see you there! We’re so excited for this weekend, and we’re also looking forward to getting great feedback that will inform what we create next for a larger audience.
A few odds and ends:
- Our location is adjacent to downtown Louisville.
- We’ll be in a hundred-year-old three-story private residence that requires stairs.
- For the local option, you may be interested in this airbnb list that will put you in the right part of Louisville.
- For the local option, we’d be happy to put you in touch with fellow attendees (with your permission, of course) so you can team up for lodging.
- We will provide a detailed itinerary prior to the event. We will also inquire about dietary restrictions prior to the event, so we’ll be ready to treat you right.
- Dress is casual.